The application deadline has passed. OneStar is no longer accepting applications for Public Health AmeriCorps.
This Notice is for organizations applying for Public Health AmeriCorps (PHA) through OneStar for the 2023-2024 program year. These grants are awarded to organizations that propose to place AmeriCorps members in service solely within Texas, and will be part of the AmeriCorps Texas portfolio. Selected organizations will receive grants to support AmeriCorps member positions that engage members in service to meet critical public health needs in Texas.
Organizations that do not currently have a Public Health AmeriCorps grant through OneStar are considered new applicants. Public Health AmeriCorps applicants only placing members in Texas, apply to OneStar for the 2023-2024 program year. Selected recipients receive a two-year project period grant, continuation grant is required between years 1 and 2.
Public Health AmeriCorps programs administering a 2022-2023 AmeriCorps Texas program through OneStar Foundation that are in the first year of their three-year project period are required to submit a Continuation application in order to continue operation for 2023-2024.
|PUBLIC HEALTH AMERICORPS|
|Notice of Intent|
October 15, 2022
Deadline has passed. Only new applicants that submitted a Notice of Intent by October 15, 2022 are eligible to submit an application.
|New/Continuation Application Due||November 3, 2022|
Applications are due in eGrants and additionally required documents are due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:59 PM Central.
Deadline has passed. OneStar is no longer accepting applications.
|Notification of Selection||By Mid-April 2023|
|Budget Period Start Date||September 1, 2023|
Successful applicants may not propose a budget period start date earlier than September 1, 2023.
|Member Term of Service Start Date||September 1, 2023|
Applicants may not propose an AmeriCorps Member term of service start date earlier than September 1, 2023.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Notice of Intent to Apply Form (New applicants only)
- 2023-2024 Public Health AmeriCorps Texas – Notice of Funding Opportunity and Application Instructions
- Public Health Performance Measure Instructions
- Mandatory Supplemental Information
Application materials and instructions are made available from documents provided by AmeriCorps. If AmeriCorps makes any updates to their materials OneStar documents will also be updated and reposted with the date that the update was made.
Applicants must submit applications electronically via eGrants, AmeriCorps’ web-based system. Applicants are required to submit additional documents by the application submission deadline. Additional documents must be emailed to email@example.com. See Additional Documents below.
Resources and Guidance
- 2023-2024 PHA New Applicant Application Submission Checklist
- 2023-2024 PHA Continuation Application Submission Checklist
- Administrative Cost Calculator Tool
- Budget Worksheet
- Logic Model Template
Training and Technical Assistance
Pre-Recorded Informational Trainings
- Public Health AmeriCorps Introductory Session VIEW RECORDING | VIEW SLIDES
- Program Design – VIEW RECORDING | VIEW SLIDES
- Creating the Budget – VIEW RECORDING | VIEW SLIDES
- Performance Measurement – VIEW RECORDING | VIEW SLIDES
- Creating the Application VIEW RECORDING | VIEW SLIDES
- Reminders and FAQs – VIEW RECORDING | VIEW SLIDES
Live Question & Answer Sessions