This Notice is for current AmeriCorps Texas grantees of OneStar applying for 2024-2025 AmeriCorps Texas (AmeriCorps State) grants. These grants are awarded to organizations that propose to place AmeriCorps members in service solely within Texas. Selected organizations will receive grants to support AmeriCorps member positions that engage members in service to meet critical needs in Texas.
OneStar anticipates posting a Notice for New applicants by mid-September. Organizations interested in applying for AmeriCorps funding for the first time can sign-up for funding notifications here.
AmeriCorps Texas programs administering a 2023-2024 AmeriCorps Texas program through OneStar Foundation that are in the third year of their three-year project period are required to submit a Recompete application to apply for a new three-year project period. All Recompete applicants are required to apply for competitive funding.
AmeriCorps Texas programs administering a 2023-2024 AmeriCorps Texas program through OneStar Foundation that are in the first or second year of their three-year project period are required to submit a Continuation application in order to continue operation for 2024-2025. The Notice and Application Instructions apply to both competitive and formula continuation grantees.
|COMPETITIVE||FORMULA – CONTINUATION ONLY|
|Application Due||October 24, 2023 Applications are due in eGrants and additionally required documents are due via email to email@example.com by 10:59 PM Central.||February 22, 2024 Applications are due in eGrants and additionally required documents are due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:59 PM Central.|
|Notification of Selection||By Mid-April 2024||By Late May 2024|
|Budget Period Start Date||August 1, 2024 or September 1, 2024*||August 1, 2024 or September 1, 2024|
|Member Term of Service Start Date||August 5, 2024* Applicants may not propose an AmeriCorps Member term of service start date earlier than August 5, 2024 without special written approval from OneStar.||August 5, 2024 Applicants may not propose an AmeriCorps Member term of service start date earlier than August 5, 2024 without special written approval from OneStar.|
*In limited circumstances, OneStar may grant an earlier budget period of July 1, 2024 for competitive applicants and an earlier member start date.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application materials and instructions are made available from documents provided by AmeriCorps.
Applicants must submit applications electronically via eGrants, AmeriCorps’ web-based system. Applicants are required to submit additional documents by the application submission deadline. Additional documents must be emailed to email@example.com. See Additional Documents below.
- Evaluation Plan Template (Recompete Applicants only)
- Alternative Evaluation Approach Request (if applicable, Recompete Applicants only)
- Debt Delinquency and Debarment Certification (Recompete and Continuation Applicants)
- Fixed State Support and Oversight Fee Calculator (Recompete and Continuation Applicants, Fixed Grantees only)
- Operational and Financial Management Survey (Recompete only – submit acknowledgement email to OneStar)
Resources and Guidance
- 2024-2025 Recompete Application Submission Checklist
- 2024-2025 Continuation Application Submission Checklist
- Administrative Cost Calculator Tool
- Logic Model Template
- Calculating Required Grantee Share Tool
- Cost Reimbursement State Support and Oversight Fee Calculator Tool
- Budget Worksheet
- Logic Model Training RECORDING | SLIDES
- Evidence Base RECORDING | SLIDES
- AmeriCorps Regulations 45 CFR Sections 2520-2550
- Uniform Guidance Resources
- Performance Measure Curriculum
- National Service Criminal History Check Resources
- How to Develop a Logic Model
AmeriCorps Evaluation Resources