Every March, we celebrate AmeriCorps Week. This year we’re celebrating March 13-19.
During AmeriCorps Week, we recognize the commitment of the millions of individuals who have chosen to serve Texas communities through AmeriCorps and encourage more Americans to follow in their footsteps of service.
We are thankful for all the hard work by so many and are confident national service is ready to meet the moment and continue to help make an impact.
Looking for ways to participate?
- Share videos, photos, and posts on social media offering #AmeriThanks to AmeriCorps members and alums throughout the month of March. Check out the AmeriCorps Week social press kit for sample posts and key messages. Remember to tag or mention OneStar on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, so we can amplify your message!
- Host a virtual thank you celebration or reach out directly to AmeriCorps members or alumni.
- Nominate a member or alumnus for a service award, such as the Harris Wofford Joint Service Award or the Presidential Volunteer Service Award.
- Join us on the Day of the A. Don your best gear, very large pin, baseball cap, stickers, take a photo, and share it on your personal social media channels on Thursday, March 17, in honor of the Day of the A. AmeriCorps alumni are invited to share pictures and videos from their service.
- Help declare March 13-19 AmeriCorps Week in your community by securing AmeriCorps Week proclamations from your city council or county commissioners. Download a proclamation template here, and contact OneStar to get AmeriCorps statistics specific to your city or region.
- Send the AmeriCorps Week social press kit to local elected officials and community leaders and encourage them to recognize AmeriCorps Week on social media.
- Host an “honorary AmeriCorps member.” Invite an elected official, community leader, school principal, or other local dignitary to see your program in action by becoming an “honorary AmeriCorps member” or by doing a site visit.
This AmeriCorps Week, join with us as we celebrate the impact of our programs and offer our thanks to members and volunteers for making an impact and serve others. Make sure you stay up to date and follow along on AmeriCorps’ Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for the latest on AmeriCorps Week.
Together, we can help the country recover and come back stronger. Together, we persevere. Together, we are AmeriCorps.