While Texas communities have faced extraordinary challenges over the past year, we have also witnessed extraordinary kindness and compassion as Texans took action to support their neighbors. As we celebrate the impact of volunteer service this National Volunteer Week, we are excited to announce the launch of VolunteerTX, a website where you can connect with ways to give back in your community. VolunteerTX is our first statewide online hub for volunteering and lists more than 2,000 volunteer opportunities across Texas, so you can explore new causes and organizations that inspire you!
Here are few ways that VolunteerTX makes it easy for you to serve:
- VolunteerTX allows you to filter volunteer opportunities by geography, issue area, skills/interests, commitment level, and more!
- Volunteering during the COVID-19 pandemic while adhering to public health guidelines has been a challenge, so nonprofits have adapted by developing ways for volunteers to serve remotely. But as vaccines are distributed and the risk of social activities decreases, you also may be interested in exploring opportunities to safely volunteer in-person. VolunteerTX provides a convenient way to find both remote and in-person opportunities appropriate for your comfort and risk level.
- AmeriCorps brings people together in service—harnessing the passion and enthusiasm of everyday Texans to tackle some of our state’s toughest challenges with hands-on solutions. AmeriCorps members commit their time to serve long-term with nonprofits, government agencies, and faith-based & community organizations, while also receiving a stipend, education award, professional development opportunities, and other benefits. If you want to serve while also advancing your career, check out VolunteerTX for opportunities to serve with AmeriCorps in Texas.
VolunteerTX compiles volunteer opportunities from national organizations as well as local volunteer centers, including:
- Volunteer Houston
- Volunteer South Texas at the United Way of South Texas
- The United Way of San Antonio & Bexar County Volunteer Center
- The Volunteer Center of Lubbock
- Volunteer El Paso at the United Way of El Paso
- The Volunteer Center, a program of the Round Rock Area Serving Center
These organizations have built strong ties with nonprofits in their local community, and VolunteerTX amplifies their work and opens up their listings to new and diverse volunteers across the state. If you are interested in posting volunteer opportunities on VolunteerTX, contact us via the Become a Partner form found at the bottom of the VolunteerTX homepage. We can connect you with a current partner in your area or discuss how to become a volunteer center yourself.